Understanding the Diamond Facial Shape
The diamond face is akin to a gemstone, with facets and angles that play with light in a captivating manner:
- Forehead and Chin: Both the forehead and chin present a narrowed appearance, creating an elegant tapering effect.
- Cheekbone Prominence: The cheekbones are the star feature of the diamond face, exhibiting significant width and thus drawing attention.
Hairstyling Recommendations for the Diamond Face
Given the unique contours of the diamond facial structure, certain hairstyling strategies can be particularly flattering:
- Balance is Key: With the pronounced cheekbones being the widest part of the face, the aim should be to create harmony by balancing the narrower forehead and chin without overshadowing the cheekbones.
- Forehead Fullness: Introducing volume or fullness at the forehead, perhaps through soft bangs or a side-swept fringe, can provide a beautiful counterpoint to the narrower appearance of this area. This also allows for a more proportional look from top to bottom.
- Enhancing the Jawline: By adding volume near the jawline, either through curls, layers, or waves, the face can achieve a fuller and more rounded appearance at the bottom, balancing the pronounced cheekbones.
- Close at the Cheeks: It’s crucial to avoid adding width at the cheekbone line. Keeping the hair close to the face here can accentuate the cheekbones without making them look overly broad. This also prevents the face from appearing wider than it naturally is.
- Steering Clear of Certain Styles: Hairstyles that pull away from the cheeks or sweep back excessively from the hairline near the ear area can exaggerate the width of the cheekbones. It’s advisable to opt for styles that gently frame the face and fall naturally.
The diamond facial shape, with its inherent elegance and pronounced angles, provides a unique canvas for hairstylists. The key is to accentuate the face’s natural geometry while introducing elements of balance and harmony. By understanding the dynamics of the diamond face and employing techniques that complement its beauty, hairdressers can craft styles that not only flatter but also celebrate the exquisite characteristics of the diamond-shaped visage.